Saturday, February 23, 2013

God, Waves & Saturdays

i've got a headache.
it's taking me a lot today
to get up out my bed.
i've taken the longest ways
 and seven ways to saturday
i cancel the beat in my head.

i take the longest ways.
got seven ways to Saturday,
to go fuck up everything.
the longer i'm waiting
i'm severing something
that is saving me.

i faked the way i felt like love was a moving shelf
a cancer was spreading
and i, used to yesterday, got -- god given -- in the way
of anything deadening for good.
the difference was deafening
i still just can't believe
that damaged, old tongue in cheek
while billfolds are spreading
they look like the dumbest eve
my heart races, quickening
and in my head that blasted beat.

God, if you opened your chemistry set tonight
and used it to make something right
i'd sing to you till the day i died.

As if i wouldn't anyway.
I just hope that you find me here
before i waste away and die.

No comments:

Post a Comment